Sunday, September 15, 2013

100 word challenge WEEK 3

I was running through the misty,dark alley off Thimblewood St., 5 minutes after it had rained. I could  feel the fog wrapping around my skin as if to say, 'Stay back', but I proceeded anyways. It was dark out, so I couldn't see a thing. As I was dawdling down the slanted alley, I heard a bone-chilling, spine-chilling, hair-raising, blood-curdling sound like nails on a chalkboard coming behind me. I started to scamper along the wet pavement when I heard the noise again. I started sprinting so fast I thought my legs would fall off. And then I saw a bright light coming right at me.

4 comments:

  1. Grace - I love the strong verbs in this post and the vivid detail that gets me wondering (as I should)... what IS IT?!?!

    Side note - love that I can listen to clips of music while reading through your blog! And I also played with Haley...! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, you have used some lovely words and phrases; I especially liked 'the fog wrapping around my skin', that was really clever and I could almost feel it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, you have used some lovely words and phrases; I especially liked 'the fog wrapping around my skin', that was really clever and I could almost feel it....

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me where your from in the comment(s) :)